Skip to main content

Sleepless Nights!

Wow! I know I haven't posted in two weeks. Sorry! I'll update all of you on what we have been up to this past two weeks. Matthew and Mackenzie came over Thursday February 1st and played with Savannah. They love her so much. I really enjoy their company and they are such a big help to me! The weather was cold and yucky two weekends ago. It is so hard to be cooped up in the house all day. Saturday, Corey and I kept Savannah entertained all day. By the end of the afternoon she was tired of our faces and bored with us! I texted Robin and she was sweet enough to come over and let Corey and I go out! Savannah was so happy to see new faces. She just smiled at Robin and Addy! I got some cute pictures of Addy and Savannah playing! Corey and I went out to eat and ran to Albertsons to get a few things.

Savannah caught a cold. At first Savannah started running fever and no other signs. Corey and I assumed it was probably teething. By Monday and Tuesday she had that same congestion she had a month ago. I called the doctor on Monday and they won't see your baby unless they run a fever of 102 in 3 consecutive days. Now I know I'm a new parent who wants to take care of a sick baby for 3 days before the doctor will see your child? Sounds crazy to me! My cousin Robin suggested I get a bit more firm with them. We have a great doctor. I think they truly see a lot of sick babies and also truly try to avoid teething situations because what can you do for that? Sometimes I think we only have a phone doctor relationship. By Wednesday I called again and I was like Savannah has that same congestion like last month. Can we have some new medicine called in? This was a different receptionist this time on the phone. She said we can see her at 4 today. I was like sure! I think its great that a lot of sick issues can be solved over the phone. But by the same token, I'm a new mom and yes I can speak on Savannah behalf on her symptoms but I'm no doctor. Corey and I just felt so much more comfortable when her doctor looks at her and is diagnosing the problem. Savannah had a sinus infection again. I'm glad they did see us because it did not appear it would be disappearing anytime soon.

We have some sleepless nights too! Tuesday I ended up having to drive Savannah around to get her to go to sleep. It was midnight when I drove her around. I think she would not go to sleep because of her cold. When she layed down she couldn't breath well. I got home by 12:30ish and I got into bed to go to sleep. Then Savannah woke again at 2:30 and 3:30. Corey and I were both up with Savannah form 3:30 to 6a.m. I only got like 3 hours of sleep that night. Savannah was fine and would play. 3 hours of sleep for mom was tough! That next day, by the time we got back from the doctor and getting her prescriptions it was 8 o'clock at night! I was so tired and just crashed! Happy Valentines!




We were going thru clothes and found this!



Savannah hates this gate because she can't climb the stairs. She can climb stairs and its a scary thing! She is not just ready yet!




Addy and Savannah look like they are caged up! Baby Jail!






Addy and Savannah playing!





Robin and Addy








MacKenzie and Savannah







Matthew, MacKenzie and Savannah

Cute!





Matthew having fun with Savannah



















Comments

  1. Yesterday, Beckett pointed at the picture of Savannah on the fridge and (after much practice on my part) he said "van-nah"!! It was SOOO cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My new Foofa shirt! Yo Gabba Gabba

Valentines party 2015

I believe Savannah got the most carnations in her class. Photos of her school party.💝

Jefferson, TX

Corey and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary December 18th.  So we all took a trip to Jefferson, TX where we honeymooned.  We stayed at the Excelsior Hotel.  Savannah had a blast!  We went hiking at Caddo State Park. A beautiful place! We even saw Santa on our trip! We made cookies to!