Skip to main content

A Tornado Hit Us!

Well this been quite a 48 hours. While I was trying to post this blog early this afternoon I had to call 911. My power lines were popping like fire works and I was afraid our two trees were going to catch on fire. The neighbors yard was smoking a bit. The fire department came out and now On-cor is out here fixing things. I still have power however I have unplug things. I probably should not be turning my computer on right now. I got to fax out.

Yesterday morning at 1:15 we had a tornado hit us. It was crazy ordeal. Corey just happened to wake up at 1 am before it hit us. He moved a few things outside. Then I wake up with a power gust wind blowing at me. All our windows had been opened. The first 10 minutes Corey and I were scrambling for flash lights and shutting windows. Then drying everything up. I had a hard time shutting windows upstairs. Very power winds! We were very fortunate that we did not get quite much damage as other people in town. Mom and dad had more limbs fall then we did. My truck happen to be outside the garage. Lucky a tree did not land on it. Many people in town had trees land on their cars or houses. Then the library next door to mom and dad's place. The entire library roof landed in the street. The photos you can also tell one the city's roof blew off to. We thought at first at 2a.m. it was Harold's metal building in the street but it was the library roof. I did have all my garage sale stuff outside on the back porch. A few things got ruined. That is okay. We are safe and no deaths or injuries reported. We finally got power on last night after 9:30ish.

here you can see the library roof on the street which also not down the power lines. Then you can see the roof off the city building.

The messy street of leaves plus these are the power lines that were trying to catch my trees on fire earlier too!
Can see some tree damage at mom and dad's place


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My new Foofa shirt! Yo Gabba Gabba

Valentines party 2015

I believe Savannah got the most carnations in her class. Photos of her school party.💝

Jefferson, TX

Corey and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary December 18th.  So we all took a trip to Jefferson, TX where we honeymooned.  We stayed at the Excelsior Hotel.  Savannah had a blast!  We went hiking at Caddo State Park. A beautiful place! We even saw Santa on our trip! We made cookies to!