Skip to main content

Savannah's First Camping Trip!

We had a nice mini getaway weekend going camping! We got to stay until Monday also!
It was Savannah's first time to go camping. Corey was a little nervous about how Savannah would like it and all but she absolutely loved camping! She was so relaxed! I think we both thought if we like to camp so would Savannah. We arrived at Whitney State Park Friday about noonish time. Savannah was still sleeping when we arrived so that allowed us a little time to unload stuff and get settled into the camper. Since we got down there first we got our site and Mom and dad's site too. We both had beautiful spots. We had the site that was on a bluff. Mom and dad's site was next to ours but they had a great yard for the girls to run around and play. I think we had the two best sites in our section. Mom and dad later arrived. They forgot a few things and ran into town. While they did that Corey, Savannah, Baylee, and I walked the beach. Then Anna and Jonathan arrived while we were on our walk and They met us down by the water. Corey and I cooked our favorite meal - shish kabobs for dinner that night. We set out on the bluff in our lawn chairs and watched the pretty sunset. Also, while we all sat out on the bluff talking a sail boat sailed right towards us and anchored for the night. Corey, Jonathan, Anna, and I were all talking about how much dad would give us to swim out there to ask those people for a towel. I guessed right. He would say that it was a $1,ooo dollar bet. We told daddy about the conversation the next morning. I got the Ladder ball game out too. I think we all enjoyed that game. I beat my dad too! Ladder ball is fun because you never know if those balls will swing just the right way or get knocked off by you opponent.





My uncle Bryan, aunt Lisa and there kids Matthew and MacKenzie came down on Saturday night for dinner. Bryan and Corey walked the beach. Aunt Lisa, Anna, and I sat in the lawn chairs watching the sunset and just talking. Savannah had a very busy and entertaining day on Saturday. We had to turn in early that night. She fell asleep and Corey and I were shocked she was out for the night. We watched the UT game. Sunday morning I attempted to make waffles for the first time. They turned out okay. Jonathan I know liked them because he ate three! We all mostly sat around camp and talked or played ladder ball. Mom and dad packed up and headed for home that evening. Anna and Jonathan had to get back home because Jonathan had to work that night. After everyone deserted us Corey, Savannah, and I drove into town to get me a grape slush from Sonic. We caught "Happy hour." Then we went to one antique shop downtown in Whitney. We got back and kept dinner simple with just sandwiches.




That night we stayed up and watched the Cowboys and Giants play. Of course Corey and I were mad because Tony Romo lost that game for us! Oh well its just a game. We woke up this morning with a nice windy breeze. Corey and I ate cinnamon rolls outside while Savannah watched a Baby Einstein movie. We all hated to come home because we all had such a great time. I can tell Savannah will go camping soon again!
























Gigi and Savannah

Bath time in the camper!



My mad face!

Savannah does not sleep on her back any more. She loves to sleep on her side with her head turned side ways!


Anna














































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My new Foofa shirt! Yo Gabba Gabba

Valentines party 2015

I believe Savannah got the most carnations in her class. Photos of her school party.💝

Jefferson, TX

Corey and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary December 18th.  So we all took a trip to Jefferson, TX where we honeymooned.  We stayed at the Excelsior Hotel.  Savannah had a blast!  We went hiking at Caddo State Park. A beautiful place! We even saw Santa on our trip! We made cookies to!