Skip to main content

Thanksgiving Weekend!

We went to Lake Whitney at McCowan's park camping over the Thanksgiving weekend. Savannah loves camping. She is so relaxed when she goes camping! She really enjoyed being outdoors. On Thanksgiving day when it was time to eat, Savannah falls asleep right at lunch time. I walked down to the tent with my baby monitor clipped to me. I learn quickly those things do not stretch far. Corey was like "Laliah they don't stretch far so mommies don't go to far away" It was really funny because it stretched as far as the road. I missed it by 6 feet to the tent. Everyone was teasing me that I was going to get my lawn chair and eat my Thanksgiving dinner on the road. Right on the line where it cut off! Nevertheless, I went back to the camper and my friend Heather stayed and kept me company. Then she went down to the tent to eat. I really enjoyed the quiet time because I actually got to sneak in and write a letter. A few people were like wake Savannah up. I know my baby needed her sleep! Besides, if I had woke her up she would have been grumpy. It really all worked itself out. Corey got to take his time and eat. Then when Savannah finally woke up we went down to the tent and Corey was done eating. Then I got to take my time and enjoy my Thanksgiving dinner. Also, my uncle Bryan came by boat to see us too.
We played Mexican Train and Joker at night. On Friday Corey went hiking with Matt and Stephanie. They were all really tired when they got back. They did not find any arrow heads. Mom and dad also came down on Friday. I caught them feeding Savannah Cheetos. The funniest think that happened was feeding Savannah bananas. She did not like the baby food bananas. She made this face and closed her eyes and shook her head like that was nasty tasting. I had tried it at first and thought it tasted like sour apples. I thought the sweet potatoes and carrots tasted better. Then we got Corey to taste them. He shook his head just like Savannah. They were nasty to him! We were all laughing at his facial expression. Our friends Tim and Heather also went camping with us. They were really sweet to cook us breakfast just about every morning. They got a new camper and are really enjoying it!
Corey threw me a birthday party Saturday night. Corey gave me a new camera. Just what I have been wanting! Corey and I felt like the camping trip went by to fast. We really did have a good time. I'm so glad the weather was perfect too!

Savannah enjoying bath time in the camper!




Janis gave me a Precious Moment figurine. My first mommy and baby Precious Moment!



Birthday pictures!












Sampling cake!



























She loved the ice cream!

































We caught a pretty sun set!











Savannah enjoying Thanksgiving Day!

















Savannah checking out the "Black Friday" adds. We also went into Hillsboro on Friday and shopped a bit!











Our first night in the camper!






















Comments

  1. I especially enjoyed the picture of ya'll with the sunset in the background and the last picture of Savanah wearing the shirt "thanksgiving rocks".

    ReplyDelete
  2. why don't you use the sunset one as a christmas picture?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My new Foofa shirt! Yo Gabba Gabba

Valentines party 2015

I believe Savannah got the most carnations in her class. Photos of her school party.💝

Jefferson, TX

Corey and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary December 18th.  So we all took a trip to Jefferson, TX where we honeymooned.  We stayed at the Excelsior Hotel.  Savannah had a blast!  We went hiking at Caddo State Park. A beautiful place! We even saw Santa on our trip! We made cookies to!